Wednesday, May 09, 2007

..Here's alot of words..

A little update on the past couple of days.. I jus seem to have so much to say, so much to do and SO LITTLE TIME!!

I started working on my advertising essay since Saturday evening after i got home from my lecturer. Thought with a pretty concise plot for the essay i'd be pretty safe. So left all the writing till Saturday evening when paper is due in 24 hrs from then. I ended up writing for the next 42 hours.. Taking a 3 hr nap at 7am of sunday. n guess wat? I wasn't even done at 1am of Monday morning.. wat kinda madness is this?

Frankly i've set high expectations on myself for this module particularly because i've been working in the industry and i'm suppose to have better insights. Moreover i've been doing my readings rather conscientiously. Ended up wat was delaying me was because the perfectionist within me starts creeping out. Unbelievable as it may seems rite? It's just tat u guys dunno.. when it comes to my final art or freelance work. I become damn anal about every single detail. Bcos i simply HATE taking over shit work for other ppl.. n i hate to receive horrible working files from other designers if we ever have to liase. So trust me. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to things i'm serious with..

Anyhoo just when i'm about to conclude the long long essay, my brain juice dried up and my brain went dead. So i told myself, 'f**k it'~! i'm going to sleep! No point to sit at the desk staring blankly and my macbook tat has been overworked. n i'm glad i rested my poor brains..

I dug myself outta bed at 8am Monday morning n dragged myself down to have a good cuppa machiatto n cake at gloria jeans, Raffles City. Sat there at abt 9am for 3 hrs n i'm glad i finished the thing really quickly.. simply cos my brain was functioning again! It felt to strike off 1 piece of work off the long long task list.. Quickly head off to marina to meet Lainey for lunch. After she head back to work, i head home for a quick 1 hr nap b4 i rushed to office again for meeting.. A really bitchy session went on there but shan't go into details abt it cos it's simply not worth it!

At evening, met Clairr to confirm her wedding's order of service booklet design.. This babe is getting married on the 25th this month! So many weddings going on in my life now la.. few days after hers is my dearie Sister's.. Talking abt that i better start packing my room!!!

Monday night, thanks to Clairr, she settled my dinner n booze n even transport home. Hee.. but u guys know wat? I got gastric pain at 2am in the morning.. zzz.. how sad rite! tsk.. cos i didn't eat enough for dinner lor. (no appetite at e instance ma....)

Anyhoo tuesday started really really bustling.. Work work work non stop @ home until abt 3pm. Then i started fantasizing about shopping! Haha... finished 1 FL work in e mornin, so i tot i shld reward myself. B4 my friends can even reply my 'invitations' to shopping.. work got screwed! Headed to office.. Ended working in office till 8pm b4 i left. ZZzz....(n i dont think i'd get reimbursed for today! suckss..)

I reached Borders @ 830pm to grab couple of books. I'm glad i was strolling down the aisle within the sea of books feeling happy cos i finished my work! After splurging more than 60 bucks on books.. (I bought Advertising by Ogilvy finally!) Headed to starbucks n told myself i'd get the FA(final art) done for Clairr's booklet done so tat i can send for print tmr.. Left starbucks at 11, work nt completed thou.. but i decided to take a walk down orchard road anyway...

My long walk alone.. with my ipod as companion.. alot of thoughts crossed my head. I'm nt sure why but the thought that i'm very fortunate crossed my mind. The beautiful things i have in life came into mind. Especially so for my classmates who tide me through very nonsensical period of assignment times.. my best friends i have for the past 10 years..

then My mum.. she always make my tears flow non stop yet i love her the most in my life. And bcos of her i became so much stronger and learnt the valuable lessons of life..

My dad.. the best thing that can happen to my life is to have him as my dad. provides for my entire life.. not jus the past n present, but also the plans he made to make sure i have a financially smooth future.. he calls me every single day to ask me if i wan dinner. Today he didn't. N when he finally called at 8pm, he explained in detail why he didn't call earlier. This is his way of teaching me about responsibility and love without boundaries? Perhaps..

alot more random thoughts flooded my mind.. anyhoo i decided to cab home since it's already 1130 when i reach centrepoint.

(i met a foreigner along e way actually n its e 2nd time within a week tat i got harrassed by foreigners. last wk was an angmoh.. this time a chinaman! irks me quite a bit.. but i shall save e unpleasant details...)

Back at home.. it's back to reality time.

the reality hit me hard when i start to update my planner.. *feeling faint*


PR assignment 1 - due 18th May (Friday)
CRR lecture 18th to 20th May (Fri - Sunday)
AIIA assignment 2 - due 20th May (Sunday)
CRR assignment 1 - due 25th May (Friday)
Austin's bird day - 25th May (Friday)
Clairr's wedding - 26th May (Saturday)
PR assignement 2 - due 1st June (Friday)
Sister's wedding - 5th June (Tuesday)
CRR assignment 2 - 8th June (Friday)
AIIA assignment 3 - 10th June (Friday)
June's bird day - 10th June (Friday)
CM assignment 3 - 18th June (Monday)
CRR assignment 3 - 22nd June (Friday)
PR assignement 3 - 6th July (Friday)

Depressing... Cant go on further cos i need to get on my design work! ZZzzz.......

2:28 AM 0 comments


Disclaimer :

This is my personal blog, for sharing interesting photos, pretty designs and even juicy gossips with my friends. This is also my ranting space. I scream and shout anything and everything.

This blog is also open to public.
But as mommy has taught us, don't believe every word strangers say.

Anyone is free to read and comment. It's great if u like what u see. It's just too bad if you don't, since opinion is subjective.

I thank you for dropping by anyway.