Monday, December 24, 2007

Reflections..

The time for reflection and recollection has come.. The year is ending yet again. Time seems to zoom pass faster and faster as we grow up.

I remember as a child, Chinese New Year and Christmas always seemed special cos I had to wait such a long time all the time. As time goes by, we go, "It's Christmas again!".. And we start to talk abt what we did the last Christmas, and how near that day it seemed..

Tonight my dearies and I celebrated our 10 years anniversary together.. Our 10 years of friendship, our 10th Christmas together..

10 years is a very long time. Given how hard it is to get true friends these days.. We spent the past 10 years growing up together. Our teenage years.. Our arduous study journey.. Now some of us have embarked on the journey of career building..

Jee Khen made us a video for our anniversary. A compilation of the many birthdays, Chinese New years and Christmas we celebrated together.. We had so much memories together.

Suddenly when i look back, it occurred to me how precious each and everyone of you are to me. I admit each of us have our short comings. There bound to be something about each of us that we cannot stand. Sometimes we talk behind each other's back and complain about this and that.. Sometimes some of us gets so occupied with their own life we forgot to keep in touch. Sometimes we make mindless comments about each other and we hurt each other's feelings. Sometimes there's just this love hate relationship we have about each other..

But we made it, my dear.. We have remained close for the past 10 years. I've learnt, to maintain our friendship, it isn't about changing each other. It's about forgiving and forgetting.. It's about accommodating and compromising.. There's always this trust I have towards u. I know u guys are the ones who will not abandon me in rough times. We accept each other the way we are, we can be totally at ease in each other's company. We dont have to speak graciously when we had a bad day. We dont have to act decent when we simply dont feel like it. When I am with you guys, I can let my hair down and do ridiculous stuff. The world can think we are childish and we never grow up. But actually they are simply jealous..

I remember i used to give disapproving looks when the boys dont behave. Well yes I still do at times. Haha.. But i actually begin to appreciate u boys for not growing up. We have an entire lifetime to live up to the expectations of being 'adult'. I have began to realise how precious it is to remain childish. Actually it is the fact that I've realised it is my honour to know u guys can be urself when u're with me.. U dont have to pretend to be serious when u're not. So thank you boys..

These days, I really began to appreciate this circle of friendship even more. I have less and less time for you guys. Like this Christmas, I couldn't spare time to do the arrangements.. I really wanted to spend the time to pick a special gift for each of you. But i dont even have time to even write a card.. Moreover, the more people I meet, the more I realise how hard it is to even make real friends. 10 years.. it really is precious..

My dear friends.. Thank you for your company for the past 10 years. May we continue to support each other along the way of life.. For the next 10 years, 20 years, 30 years..

Have a very Merry Christmas. I love you guys..!!

12:35 AM 0 comments


Disclaimer :

This is my personal blog, for sharing interesting photos, pretty designs and even juicy gossips with my friends. This is also my ranting space. I scream and shout anything and everything.

This blog is also open to public.
But as mommy has taught us, don't believe every word strangers say.

Anyone is free to read and comment. It's great if u like what u see. It's just too bad if you don't, since opinion is subjective.

I thank you for dropping by anyway.