Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Story of Joy

My mum's operation ended at abt 7pm and was quite successful. Managed to remove more than 60% of her tumour, despite losing alot of blood. Hence surgeon decides to cut short the surgery.

When I saw her at 8pm, we're amazed by her recovery. Though still under anesthesia, she was conscious and cried the moment she saw my dad and me. She recognized us instantly.. She is simply amazing..

What I really learnt is that at times, we need to take a chance on the people or things that matters to us. Never give up.. Keep believing in miracles, but dont forget to accept every bit of life, good or bad..

Along this journey, I felt alone at times. But i really learn to put the letter 'I' aside, and replace it with 'U' and 'They' more often. I'm glad I made the right decision to keep seeking for different professional medical opinions.. When I finally met the surgeon who's willing to perform the op, i began to worry that if the op fails, i'd feel responsible for the failure. The mental pressure is always there, and it's something only few are able to empathize with the situation.

I cant express enough how grateful my family and I am to this surgeon.. Taking on a case that another surgeon has rejected takes more than courage, but a whole lot of passion, belief and faith to take the patient and my family through this ordeal. I'm also very thankful to those who responded promptly when I seek referrals for neurosurgeons..

From the discovery of mum's condition, to her long long hospitalisation period, to her slipping into coma, to being prepared for the worst to come, to not giving up and the continual search for surgeons.. This journey is really like a roller coaster ride..

9:22 PM 0 comments


Disclaimer :

This is my personal blog, for sharing interesting photos, pretty designs and even juicy gossips with my friends. This is also my ranting space. I scream and shout anything and everything.

This blog is also open to public.
But as mommy has taught us, don't believe every word strangers say.

Anyone is free to read and comment. It's great if u like what u see. It's just too bad if you don't, since opinion is subjective.

I thank you for dropping by anyway.